Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Short & Sweet

Before you say anything, yes it's been about 3 months...yikes, almost 4, since my last post. Admittedly, I'm really bad at being a consistent blogger!!
 
In my defense, let me repeat for the 13,00th time that I don't have Internet at home. Or a computer.
 
Though I haven't written in an inexcusable amount of time, I have had a lot of "Ooh, that would make a good Blog Post!" thoughts. I went to Vegas about a month ago with my best friend and on our very first night there, as we were walking along The Strip, buzzed and elated, and making snarky comments on how SLOW people were walking, Amanda exclaimed, "You should blog our trip!" What a great idea!! She offered me her laptop to write on, every night, documenting our adventures each day as we traveled from Vegas to California: Escondito, San Diego, Oceanside, and then back to Vegas. "Yes! I will!! That's such a good idea!" ....Then neither one of us brought it up again for the rest of the trip. Woopsie.
 
I got a second job a few months ago, so now not only am I a Brazen Barista, but also a pretty Brazen Smoothie Maker at the Local Gym. For the first few months of working 2 jobs and having an exhausting schedule (I work 6 days a week, and at least 3 of those days are 2-job days...so I work either 9am-8pm or 7:30am-9pm...those are the worst...) I had a reason to be working so hard. I was saving up for Vegas! I saved tip money, I skimped on nights out, I didn't even buy a "Vegas Dress" like I wanted to...just a new swimsuit that I was in need of, anyway. So now that my vacation is over and I'm back to working my (nicely shaped) ass off, I need a light at the end of the tunnel. I need motivation, I need a reason other than the obvious perk of having that second paycheck.
 
So what should I be saving for? I've gotten really into Vegan cooking- I love experimenting and learning and creating in the kitchen....and I really need a food processor. But....I would also really like to be able to blog from home and not just scramble to type in between customers at the coffee shop....So, home Internet? Then again...I need to fix my bike so I can actually ride it....for the first time....though I've had it for about 2 years. (Technically it's my former roommate's ex boyfriend's mom's bike..but the chances of her ever seeing it again are pretty much nil. I practically have a common law marriage with the thing- I've been paying its rent for around 4 years..) I would also like to go back to school- but I wouldn't even know what to go back for and I refuse to go further into student loan debt without a clear and practical plan. I have so many random passions and no idea which one to follow or even attempt to expand on. Some people my age are so much more together....saving for a house, for a family, for a car...but when I start thinking that way, it's hard to even count the number of things I'm "behind" on at this point in my life....
 
........I think I'll just get a food processor.

No comments:

Post a Comment